Monday, November 27, 2017

Cause of Fire and Identity of Deceased from Lorraine Drive 11-15-2017

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930     @PGFDPIO

Just before 12:30 pm, Wednesday, November 15th, firefighters were alerted to a house fire with two occupants trapped in the 5200 block of Lorraine Drive in Temple Hills.  First arriving units found a 1-story brick rambler, with basement, with fire showing from the front.  Two occupants of the home were removed by firefighters and transported by medics to a nearby hospital.  They each succumbed to injuries sustained in the fire a short time after arriving at the hospital.

Prince George's County Fire Investigators have determined the fire was accidental and attributed to a malfunctioning electrical outlet.  There were no working smoking alarms located in the house.

The deceased are identified as follows:

Louvenia Goldson (mother) 83 years of age of Lorraine Drive in Temple Hills

Eugene Goldson (son) 62 years of age of Lorraine Drive in Temple Hills

Any family that is in need of a working smoke alarm and can not afford to purchase or install one themselves are encouraged to call 311.  A firefighter will visit your home and install one in your home free of charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment