PGFDNEWS Blog Entry Awarded First Place by the IAFF


I was humbled to have been awarded with First Place for the best blog story by the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) Media Awards for 2013.  The story was my account of Firefighter/Medics from the Special Events Unit working a summer concert at Fed Ex Field.  The article and images can be seen by clicking here

I am honored and humbled to be recognized for the best blog story by the IAFF from entries submitted from across the country, however, the award is not about me.  I have the privilege of documenting with images and articles the day-to-day activities of the very best firefighters and medics that are members of one of the very best Fire/EMS Departments in the country.  The award is about them, the remarkable job they do and by allowing me the opportunity to do my job.

Thanks to IAFF Local 1619 and President Andrew Pantelis for the nomination and presenting the 1st Place plaque.


Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson/PIO
Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department
240-508-7930
mebrady@co.pg.md.us
@PGFDPIO

IAFF Local 1619 President Andrew Pantelis presents award for Best Blog Story from the IAFF Media Awards 2013

The award is not about me.  I have the privilege of documenting with images and articles the day-to-day activities of the very best firefighters and medics that are members of one of the very best Fire/EMS Departments in the country.

Comments