The Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department has been advised that a second victim has died from injuries sustained in an apartment fire that occurred on Friday, July 17, 2009. Sadly, after valiant efforts by firefighters, paramedics and hospital staff the 7-year-old male passed away on Sunday, July 19, 2009, at Children’s Hospital in Washington, DC. His 5-year-old brother passed away on Friday evening at Prince George’s Hospital Center.
The children sustained injuries during a fire in their apartment at 5417 56th Place in Riverdale. Firefighters located the unconscious victims in a back bedroom and transported them to the hospital. The fire has been ruled “accidental” and attributed to unattended cooking. The relatively small fire caused an estimated $5,000 in fire loss.
The deceased are identified as:
Jordan Xavier Farrell, DOB 10/23/03, deceased Friday, July 17, 2009.
Jai Alexander Farrell, DOB 7/5/02, deceased Sunday, July 19, 2009.