Monday, February 1, 2010
Fort Washington House Fire
At about 8:15 AM, Monday, February 1, 2010, firefighters from the Fort Washington area responded to a report of a house fire. Fire/EMS units arrived at 9110 Locksley Road and encountered a 2-story, non-sprinklered, single family home with heavy smoke showing. A working fire was soon located in the basement and extinguished. There were 25 firefighters on the scene that took 30 minutes to extinguish the fire.
A family of 2 adults will be displaced and were assisted by the Fire/EMS Departments Citizens Services Unit and the American Red Cross with temporary shelter. Fire Investigators believe an electrical malfunction is responsible for starting the fire with fire loss estimated at $150,000. There were no injuries reported.