@PGFDPIO Twitter

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Natural Gas Incident at U of M

Seventy occupants of a child care center on the campus of the University of Maryland were temporary relocated as a precaution while firefighters dealt with a nearby natural gas emergency.

At about 11:30 am a contractor ruptured a natural gas line outside of Denton Dining Hall. Firefighters stood ready awaiting the arrival of the utility company to stop the flow of natural gas. Additionally, firefighters checked nearby buildings for any presence of gas and as a precaution evacuated the day care center.

Washington Gas Company repair crews arrived quickly and made temporary repairs to stop the escape of the gas.

Once the gas was secured and the scene was safe the day care center was allowed to be re-occupied shortly after 12 noon.

No injuries were reported.
Mark E. Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment