@PGFDPIO Twitter

Friday, January 14, 2011

Suitland Townhouse Fire

Prince George’s County Firefighters battled a fire in a 2-story end of the row townhouse this morning. Just after 11:00 am, Friday, January 14, 2011, firefighters were dispatched to 3451 Regency Parkway for an occupant report of smoke in the townhouse. Upon arrival units encountered heavy smoke conditions and soon discovered fire in the walls between the first and second floors. A laundry dryer appears to be the area of origin. The dryer vent pipe chase allowed the fire to extend up through the walls into the top floor. A quick recognition of fire conditions allowed personnel to position hoselines and permitted truck company firefighters to pull walls, ceiling and floors to expose and stop the fire extension before it reached the attic.  Firefighters also were able to stop the fire extension before it reached the adjoining townhouse.  The fire was contained and extinguished within 20 minutes.

A family of three, 1 adult female and 2 children, will be displaced and have opted to temporarily reside with other family members until repairs to the townhouse are made. Fire loss is estimated at $40,000. No injuries were reported.

Front side of townhouse.

Rear side of townhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment