@PGFDPIO Twitter

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Glenn Dale House Fire - One Firefighter Injured


MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930

Just before 2:30 am, Sunday, January 29, 2012, Firefighters fought a house fire that caused $300,000 in estimated fire loss.  The fire at the 2-story single family home was caused accidentally and attributed to an electrical source.  Fire/EMS arrived in the 8000 block of Wingate Drive in Glenn Dale and found a well-advanced fire on both floors of the structure.  A Task Force was sounded bringing additional firefighters and resources to the scene to help battle the blaze.  It required about 30 minutes to knock down the majority of the fire and another 45 minutes to extinguish all the hot spots. 

The County Citizen Services Unit was providing assistance to the occupants that will suffer long-term displacement.

A firefighter sustained a leg injury while she was battling the fire and was transported in “good” condition to a local hospital.  No civilian injuries reported.

Firefighters arrived to find a well advanced fire on both floors of the house.  Photo courtesy of Jim Davis.

Photo courtesy of Jim Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment