@PGFDPIO Twitter

Monday, January 23, 2012

Identity of Fire Fatality from Bladensburg on January 18th

Media Contact: Mark E. Brady, 240-508-7930


At around 11:00 am, Wednesday, January 18, firefighters in the Bladensburg area discovered an adult male deceased from thermal burn injuries. He was found in his apartment on the 6th floor at 5802 Annapolis Road where firefighters had been dispatched to investigate smoke in the hallway.

Fire Investigators believe that the man accidentally ignited his clothing while cooking. The male sustained critical burn injuries and was pronounced deceased on the scene.

Fire Investigators found evidence of a relatively small fire near the area of the stove, however, damage was minimal. The cause of the fire is accidental and attributed to cooking igniting the deceased clothing.

The identity of the deceased man has been confirmed by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner as Jerry Holloway, date of birth: 9/7/1960. He was a resident of the apartment of origin, #601.

This is the first fire fatality in Prince George's County in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment