@PGFDPIO Twitter

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

House Fire - Robert Lewis Avenue - Upper Marlboro

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930, mebrady@co.pg.md.us

Firefighter/Medics battled a house fire around 12:30 am in Upper Marlboro.  Fire/EMS units arrived at a 2-story single family home with fire showing from an attached garage in the 1600 block of Robert Lewis Avenue.  The fire extended from the garage and into the first and second floor of the structure before firefighters were able to contain and extinguished the fire.  There were 30 firefighters and paramedics on the scene and it required about 25 minutes to extinguish the fire.

The family, an adult female and two teen-aged children, are displaced and assisted by the County Citizens Services Unit and will be residing with relatives.  No firefighter or civilian injuries were reported.  The cause of the fire appears to be a cooking mishap and is believed to be accidental, with fire loss estimated at $225,000.

Firefighters work to extinguish a house fire on Robert Lewis Avenue. (PGFD Photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment