As a result of todays tragic incident involving carbon monoxide, Prince George's County Fire Chief Marc S. Bashoor has issued an order for all Firefighters and Paramedics to canvass communities within their respective areas. Firefighters throughout Prince George's County will go door-to-door Wednesday testing smoke alarms and providing safety information about carbon monoxide.
Fire Chief Bashoor will join firefighters in canvassing the Oxon Hill community of Southlawn on Wednesday, April 25, at 9:00 am. They will meet at the intersection of Shelby Drive and Dudley Avenue.
Media are welcome to join Chief Bashoor and Firefighters as they visit homes in the grief stricken Southlawn community.