@PGFDPIO Twitter

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bladensburg House Fire - 48th Avenue


Just before 2:00 am, Wednesday, June 6, firefighters from the Bladensburg area were alerted to a house fire in the 4800 block of 48th Avenue.  Fire/EMS units arrived to find fire showing from the attic of the 1 ½ story single family home.  The fire was quickly contained and extinguished.  The fire was caused by a faulty ventilation pipe from the cooking area.  Fire loss is estimated at $70,000. 

The eight occupants are displaced, 3 adults and 5 children, and are being assisted by the County Citizen Services Unit and the American Rd Cross.  No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported.

Mark E. Brady
@PGFDPIO
240-508-7930

Photos courtesy of Jim Davis, www.pgfdfire.com



No comments:

Post a Comment