Just before 2:00 am, Wednesday, June 6, firefighters from the Bladensburg area were alerted to a house fire in the 4800 block of 48th Avenue. Fire/EMS units arrived to find fire showing from the attic of the 1 ½ story single family home. The fire was quickly contained and extinguished. The fire was caused by a faulty ventilation pipe from the cooking area. Fire loss is estimated at $70,000.
The eight occupants are displaced, 3 adults and 5 children, and are being assisted by the County Citizen Services Unit and the American Rd Cross. No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported.
Mark E. Brady
Photos courtesy of Jim Davis, www.pgfdfire.com