@PGFDPIO Twitter

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fort Washington Resident Injured During House Fire

A Fort Washington resident was injured after his house caught fire early Sunday morning.  Just before 3:00 am, Sunday, June 10, firefighters were alerted to a house fire in the 9300 block of Old Palmer Road.  Fire/EMS units arrived to find a 2-story single family home with fire and smoke coming from the rear of the house.  The lone occupant, a 60ish year old male, had exited the home prior to the fire department arrival incurring minor burn injuries while doing so.  The fire was knocked down in about 15 minutes of arrival. 

Fire Investigators believe the fire started after the stove was left on accidentally.  Fire loss is estimated at $200,000 for the structure and contents.  The adult male was transported to a Burn Unit for treatment of his burn injuries; he was in “good” condition.  Once released from the hospital he will be staying with family members.

Mark Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment