@PGFDPIO Twitter

Friday, August 31, 2012

Glenarden House Fire Displaces Family


Firefighters from the Landover area were alerted to a fire in a Glenarden home on Thursday night.  Just after 11:00 pm, Thursday, August 30, firefighters responded to 8650 Fulton Avenue and arrived to find fire coming from the roof of a 2-story duplex.  Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire located in the attic.  There were no injuries reported and an adult female and her child were displaced.  They were assisted by the County Citizen Services Unit with temporary accommodations.

The fire resulted from a malfunctioning HVAC system and caused an estimated $25,000 in fire loss.

Mark E. Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment