@PGFDPIO Twitter

Monday, January 14, 2013

Sunday Night Clinton Fire Ruled Accidental -Zareh Drive

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930

Just before 11:00 pm, Sunday, January 13, firefighters were alerted to a fire on the second floor of a Clinton home.  Firefighters arrived at the 2-story single family home in the 11600 block of Zareh Drive with fire showing from the top floor and heavy smoke coming from the roof.

Firefighters were able to quickly contain and extinguish the fire.  The cause of the fire is accidental and attributed to a electrical malfunction.  The family of four is displaced as a result of fire damage and will be making their own temporary living arrangements.

Fire loss is estimated at $50,000.  No civilian injuries reported, however, one firefighter sustained injuries from a trip and fall.  Injuries are not considered serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment