@PGFDPIO Twitter

Monday, January 14, 2013

Sunday Night Fire at Chapel Oaks Home is Accidental

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930

Just after 9:00 pm, Sunday, January 13, firefighters responded to a report of a fire in the basement of a Chapel Oaks home.  Upon arrival in the 4700 block of Leroy Gorham Drive firefighters found a 2-story, split-foyer, home with fire showing from a lower level window and smoke coming from the upper floor.

Firefighters advanced hose lines into the home and found a fire in the laundry room with some extension to other areas on the lower level.  The fire was extinguished without incident.  Smoke and heat were ventilated from the structure.

The cause of the fire is accidental and attributed to a clothes dryer.  Fire loss is estimated at $25,000.  No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported.

One family consisting of 2 adults and 2 children are displaced as a result of the fire damage.  The family  will be making their own temporary living arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment