@PGFDPIO Twitter

Monday, March 11, 2013

Laurel Apartment Fire - 5th Street

A firefighter returns a pet box turtle found in the burned out bedroom to the owner.

An unattended candle is believed to have started a fire in a 1st floor apartment in the 900 block of 5th Street in Laurel today about 1:30 pm.

A Laurel City Police Officer spotted a column of smoke and discovered the fire. He notified his dispatcher and proceeded to search for occupants. The apartment was unoccupied.

Firefighters arrived to extinguish a bedroom fire within 7 minutes of arrival. One of 3 pet box turtles was found and returned to the owner.

Two occupants of the apartment which is one of four units in this 2-story apartment building will be displaced and assisted by our Citizen Services Unit.

Preliminary fire loss is estimated at $25, 000. No injuries reported.

Mark E. Brady
Chief Spokesman/PIO
Prince George's County Fire/EMS

No comments:

Post a Comment