@PGFDPIO Twitter

Friday, August 2, 2013

Two Workers Burned in Freak Incident

At about 2 pm today two workers sustained burn injuries that appear non life threatening when a flash fire occurred while operating on or near a forklift in the 12300 block of Conway Road in Beltsville in an industrial complex.

The flash fire was fueled by what appears to be a break in a natural gas line underground and venting through the sewer system. As a precaution 4 buildings with about 50 employees in the immediate area were evacuated.

The injured workers were transported by medics to a Burn Unit for treatment of 1st and 2nd degree burns.

Washington Gas Company officials are on the scene and in process of shutting down gas service to a portion of the industrial area. No residents are effected.

Mark E. Brady
Chief Spokesman/PIO
Prince George's County Fire/EMS

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Prince George's
County Government or Prince George's County 7th Judicial Circuit
Court proprietary information or Protected Health Information,
which is privileged and confidential. This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and
attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited by federal law
and may expose you to civil and/or criminal penalties. If you have
received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.

No comments:

Post a Comment