MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
The Prince George’s County Fire/Emergency Medical Services Department has had a busy couple of days battling structure fires.
Since Wednesday, November 13, three single-family homes and two apartment building fires have been extinguished by firefighters. There is no common element or connection between any of these incidents.
|Fire showing from home on Molly Berry Road|
Just after 4:00 pm, Wednesday, November 13, firefighters from the District Heights area responded to a report of an apartment fire. Fire/EMS units arrived at an 3-story apartment building at 6561 Pennsylvania Avenue with smoke showing from the second floor. A bedroom fire was quickly located and extinguished. An unattended candle is responsible for this fire that caused $10,000 in estimated fire loss. Two adults and two children were displaced. No injuries were reported.
|Front side of house on Fortside Driveway|
Just before 11:00 pm on Thursday, firefighters from the Morningside area were dispatched to a reported house fire in the 6500 block of Woodland Road. Firefighters arrived to find a vacant and unoccupied single-family structure with fire showing from the front of the house. The fire was quickly extinguished. Fire loss is estimated at $80,000 and is under investigation. No injuries reported.