Safety First Day of the Month and Year - Fire Safety Resolutions for New Year!!!

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
mebrady@co.pg.md.us     @PGFDPIO

Top Ten Fire Safety Resolutions for 2015 



I will test my smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms once a month on the first day of every month (Safety First Day of the Month).

 I will change my battery in alarms at least once a year. Change Your Clock – Change Your Battery.

I will discard any alarm over 10 years of age and replace with a new 10-year, tamper proof, with hush feature alarm.

 I will upgrade to a 10-year, tamper proof, with hush feature smoke and CO alarm this year.  A combination smoke/CO alarm is highly recommended.

I will install a smoke and CO alarm on every level of my home, primarily outside of sleeping areas and inside of every bedroom.

I will install a carbon monoxide alarm on every level of my home (County Law).  A 10-year, tamper proof, with hush feature alarm is highly recommended.

 I will never leave cooking unattended.

I will not overload power strips or use extension cords when not recommended, for example, space heaters and window air conditioners.

 I will never leave candles burning unattended or overnight and turn off space heaters before I go to sleep.

I will plan a home escape, identifying 2 ways out of every room and select a safe meeting place outside.  My family will practice this plan at least twice a year on the Safety First Day of the Month.

Pledge to be fire safety aware and reduce risks in 2015.  Safety First ensures everyone goes home.

Comments