MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
A precautionary Second Alarm was sounded, however, first arriving firefighters were able to quickly contain and extinguish the fire. Fortunately no civilian or firefighter injuries were reported. There are 22 adults and 5 children from eleven apartments that will be displaced. Complex management is attempting to find vacant units for the displaced.
Fire Investigators determined that a malfunctioning furnace located on a a 3rd floor balcony is the cause of the fire. The fire extended up into the attic causing the majority of the damage. Fire loss is estimated at $200,000.