MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
As we start to memorialize our fallen Firefighter/Medic today there are a few logistical items that attendees, both civilian and Fire Department, need to keep in mind.
For our attendees both Tuesday and Wednesday
- There is no public parking at the church for attendees
- Parking is available at Hollywood VFD, 24801 Three Notched Road, Hollywood, MD
- VFD Hall will be open
- Arrive early
- Shuttle Service will begin around 4:30 p.m.
For out of jurisdiction personnel, with apparatus,
attending Tuesdays viewing.
-Please park your apparatus, in coordination with the onsite police, at the Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department, located at 24801 Three Notch Rd, Hollywood, Md,
Personnel with apparatus, attending Wednesday’s funeral.
- ALL large apparatus (defined as apparatus larger than a utility truck) will be a part of a "static display"
- ALL static apparatus will park on the southbound side of Rt. 235, in-between St. Johns Rd and Hollywood Rd (Rt. 245.)
- County Police will be onsite to direct you in place.
- Any piece of apparatus that remains as a part of the static display must leave a driver with the unit for the duration of the services.
- If crewmembers riding in the apparatus would like to attend the services at the church, we recommend you drop them off at Hollywood VFD so they can ride the shuttle to the church.
- After dropping the members off, the driver can proceed to the static apparatus site on Rt. 235.
- There will be no pedestrian traffic allowed on Rt. 235.
Visitation and Catholic Funeral Mass will be held at the same location.
Visitation - Tuesday, April 19, 2016 from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm
Funeral Mass - Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 1:00 pm
St. John's Parish
43950 St. John's Road
Hollywood, MD 20636
A private family and Fire/EMS Department burial will follow the funeral mass.
A repast will be held to celebrate "Skillet's" life following the funeral mass at the Hollywood Fire Department