Many of the convention activities involve business meetings, dinners and election of officers, however, there are several events open to the public that are quite entertaining to watch. For instance, On Saturday, September 24th there are Extrication Contests and a Drivers Rodeo that will test the skills of firefighters in disassembling vehicles using the “jaws of life” and skill in driving large pieces of fire apparatus.
All the events below will be held at the Branchville Fire/EMS station located at 4905 Branchville Road in College Park. Events held at a different location are noted.
Saturday, September 24, 2016
* Extrication Contest 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
* Drivers Rodeo 10:00 am
* Cornhole Tournament 5:00 pm
Sunday, September 25, 2016
Field Events 10:00 am Registration 11:00 am start
(Skill and Agility, 1st Alarm Dressing, Bucket Brigade, Battle of the Bucket, Tug O’ War)
Monday, September 26, 2016
Convention Bingo ---FREE ADMISSION
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Memorial Service Holy Redeemer Catholic Church 7:00 pm
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Past Presidents Dinner--By Invitation Only
Thursday, September 29, 2016
* Dinner Upstairs Hall 5:00 pm – 6:45 pm
* Opening Ceremonies, Hall of Fame, Association Awards
* 1st Session/ Meetings– Men-Downstairs, Ladies-Upstairs
Friday, September 30, 2016
* 2nd Session/Meetings Men’s Elections
* Bull Roast
Saturday, October 1, 2016
*Prayer Breakfast 8:00 am
* Parade – Line up 9:00 am, Kick-Off 10:00 am
(Line up REI Parking lot 9900 block Rhode Island Avenue)
The procession of Fire/EMS Equipment will go from REI down Rhode Island Avenue and end at the Branchville Fire/EMS Station.
* Hook up Competitions 1 hour after completion of Parade
* Men’s 3rd Session-Parade/Hook-up’s/Field Events Awards
* End of Convention Bash 6:00 pm
* Note: All Times are approximate
For additional information contact the Association office at 301-883-1910.