@PGFDPIO Twitter

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

PGFD Chimney and Fireplace Safety Tips

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
MEBrady@co.pg.md.us     @PGFDPIO

On Monday, November 20, 2017 firefighters responded to a report of a house fire in the 9200 block of McHenry Lane in Lanham.  Fire/EMS units arrived to find fire coming through the roof of this 2-story single family home.  The family of 5 adults and 2 children made it out of the house safely.

It was determined that a damaged chimney allowed extension to the attic area of the house eventually burning through the roof.  Fire loss is estimated at $100,000.  Fortunately no civilian or firefighter injures were reported.

Please follow these safety tips and have your chimney/fireplace and all heating equipment checked annually by a reputable and certified company.

McHenry Lane Arrival Image by Ricky Riley








No comments:

Post a Comment