@PGFDPIO Twitter

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Smoke Alarm Alerts Sleeping Family of Home Fire

Media Contact: Mark Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
Twitter - @PGFDPIO

A working smoke alarm awakened a Clinton family on Thanksgiving morning allowing them to escape unharmed from their burning home. Just before 3:00 am, Thursday, November 23, firefighters were alerted to a house fire in the 8100 block of Bellefonte Lane and arrived to find smoke and fire showing from a 2-story single family structure.  Firefighters extinguished the fire very quickly.

The family of 3 children and 2 adults were unharmed and assisted by the American Red Cross with temporary shelter.

Fire Investigators determined that combustibles on top of an exentension cord ignited causing an estimated $35,000 in loss to the contents and structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment