@PGFDPIO Twitter

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Largo Home Damaged and Occupant Displaced

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930

A malfunctioning fireplace is to blame for a fire in a Largo home.  Firefighters responded around 3:00 pm today to a 1-story single family home in the 1200 block of Pickering Circle in Largo.  Upon arrival firefighters from Ritchie and surrounding communities found fire already extending through the roof.

It required about 20 minutes to contain and extinguish the fire which caused an estimated $150,000 in fire loss.  The occupant will be displaced and is being assisted the Fire/EMS Departments Citizen Services Unit and the American Red Cross.

The home sustained $150,000 in estimated fire loss. (Billy McNeel)

A malfunctioning fireplace is to blame for starting this fire.  (Billy McNeel)

No comments:

Post a Comment