MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
Please remember this safety advice when using space heaters:
· Buy only heaters evaluated by a nationally recognized laboratory, such as Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
· Check to make sure it has a thermostat control mechanism, and will switch off automatically if the heater falls over or if placed too close to an object.
· Heaters are not dryers or tables; don't dry clothes or store objects on top of your heater.
· Space heaters need space; keep combustibles at least three feet away from each heater.
· Always unplug your electric space heater when not in use.
· Turn off at night or whenever you sleep.
· Never use an extension cord with space heaters - plug directly into wall socket.
Kerosene space heater
· Never refuel indoors.
· Remove the kerosene heater outdoors, turn off and wait for it to cool down before refueling and only use the correct type of fuel.