MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
Firefighters from the greater Landover area fought a fire in a 2-story single family home this morning. At around 11:00 am, Fire/EMS units were alerted to a fire inside a house in the 1800 block of Vermont Avenue. Firefighters arrived to find a 2-story, single family home, with heavy smoke showing from the rear of the house. A second floor bedroom fire was quickly located, contained and fully extinguished within 10 minutes. No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.
Fire Investigators believe the fire is accidental and attributed to a electrical malfunction in a second floor bedroom. The family of 5 adults and 3 children have been displaced and provided assistance by the County Citizen Services Unit. Fire loss is estimated at $100,000 total for the structure and contents.