MEDIA CONTACT Mark E. Brady, Chief PIO, 240-508-7930
The Prince George's County Fire/Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Department continues to mourn and remember Firefighter Jesse Wade McCullough. Firefighter McCullough passed away on October 9, 2018, after his heroic battle against occupational cancer. Firefighter McCullough will be honored with a line-of-duty funeral, to be held on Saturday, October 13, 2018 (details below):
Saturday, October 13th, 0900 at:
First Baptist Church of Glenarden
Funeral service will follow the viewing at 1100
Saturday, October 13th, 1400 at:
Greenbelt Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad, Inc.
PGFD Station 835
· Prince George’s County Firefighter/Medics, honor guards, pipes and drums as well as public safety personnel from other agencies and departments will report for line up at 7:30 am at First Baptist Church of Glenarden.
· The funeral procession is scheduled to arrive at the First Baptist Church of Glenarden at 8:30 am. Everyone must display the utmost respect at all times while on the church property.
· Church policy does not permit media cameras or recording devices inside the building.
· At this point no family will be available for interviews.
· Services will be available via live streaming at:
· Media should notify Mark Brady, PGFD Chief PIO, by phone call or text at 240-508-7930 if you plan to cover this event.
Many on duty Prince George’s County Firefighters will be attending funeral services thanks to other area jurisdictions departments filling in our stations and responding on calls. These jurisdictions include:
District of Columbia Fire/EMS Department
Montgomery County Department of Fire and Rescue Services
Alexandria City Fire Department
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
BWI Airport Fire Department
Charles County Fire and EMS Department
Providence VFD (Baltimore County)
Frederick County Division of Fire and Rescue Services
Anne Arundel County Fire Department
Calvert County Fire Rescue EMS Department
Annapolis City Fire Department
Queens Anne’s County Department of Emergency Services
Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services