MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
Just before 6:30 pm, Wednesday, July 11, firefighters from the Baden Fire/EMS station and surrounding community firefighters responded to a house fire in the 20600 block of Aquasco Road. Firefighters arrived to find a 1-story single family structure with heavy fire showing. Incident Commanders quickly determined it was a vacant structure and instructed crews to fight the fire from the safety of the exterior. It required about 30 minutes to extinguish the fire. No injuries were reported. Fire Investigators determined the fire was sparked by an electrical malfunction and estimated fire loss at 50,000.
All photos by Billy McNeel, Citizen Services Unit