Fire Investigators determined that an electrical malfunction inside the garage is the cause of the fire and have it listed as "accidental." Fire loss is estimated at $100,000. No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported. The home was protected by working smoke alarms which sounded and alerted the occupants of the fire.
Billy McNeel, County Citizens Services Unit, advised the American Red Cross will be assisting the family of 2 adults and 3 cats with temporary shelter.
Mark E. Brady
Fire/EMS Department Chief Spokesperson
|Firefighters stand ready in front of the house on Woodstream Drive. |
(photo by Paul Hawkins)