@PGFDPIO Twitter

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Lanham House Fire Displaces Residents - Woodstream Drive

A Lanham family is displaced after a fire damaged their home this morning.  At about 7:15 am, Saturday, August 10,  firefighters were alerted to a house fire in the 6800 block of Woodstream Drive.  They arrived to find a 2-story single family home with fire showing from the attached garage.  The fire extended into the house before firefighters were able to knock the fire down.

Fire Investigators determined that an electrical malfunction inside the garage is the cause of the fire and have it listed as "accidental."  Fire loss is estimated at $100,000.  No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported.  The home was protected by working smoke alarms which sounded and alerted the occupants of the fire.

Billy McNeel, County Citizens Services Unit, advised the American Red Cross will be assisting the family of 2 adults and 3 cats with temporary shelter.

Mark E. Brady
Fire/EMS Department Chief Spokesperson

Firefighters stand ready in front of the house on Woodstream Drive.
(photo by Paul Hawkins)