@PGFDPIO Twitter

Monday, February 27, 2017

Largo House Fire - Marjorie Drive - UPDATED

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
MEBrady@co.pg.md.us   @PGFDPIO

Prince George’s County Firefighters battled a Largo house fire this morning, February 27, discovered by the homeowner upon his return home.  When the homeowner opened the front door to his 2-story house in the 11600 block of Marjorie Drive in Largo he was met with smoke and heat from within the house.  He remained outside and called 911.  Firefighters responded and arrived to find smoke showing.  After a brief search of the homes interior for the source of the smoke, a fire in the basement level was discovered and extinguished.


Two adults and 3 children will be displaced and are being assisted by the County Citizen Services unit and the American Red Cross.  The cause of the fire is accidental and attributed to an electric space heater.  Fire loss is estimated at $25,000.  There were no injuries.

All images by Mark E. Brady, PGFD PIO