@PGFDPIO Twitter

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving Statement from Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department Chief Benjamin M. Barksdale

Thanksgiving Statement from 
Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department 
Chief Benjamin M. Barksdale

"This special time of year, it’s often easy to think about our friends, family and loved ones. But, I wanted to take this time to think about all of our dedicated career, volunteer and civilian personnel that Prince George’s County residents are so fortunate to have.  I’m grateful to lead such a dutiful work force. Thank you for being a devoted organization - have a great and Happy Thanksgiving.”

Smoke Alarm Alerts Sleeping Family of Home Fire

Media Contact: Mark Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
Twitter - @PGFDPIO

A working smoke alarm awakened a Clinton family on Thanksgiving morning allowing them to escape unharmed from their burning home. Just before 3:00 am, Thursday, November 23, firefighters were alerted to a house fire in the 8100 block of Bellefonte Lane and arrived to find smoke and fire showing from a 2-story single family structure.  Firefighters extinguished the fire very quickly.

The family of 3 children and 2 adults were unharmed and assisted by the American Red Cross with temporary shelter.

Fire Investigators determined that combustibles on top of an exentension cord ignited causing an estimated $35,000 in loss to the contents and structure.