MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930
Prince George's County Fire Investigators have determined the fire was accidental and attributed to a malfunctioning electrical outlet. There were no working smoking alarms located in the house.
The deceased are identified as follows:
Louvenia Goldson (mother) 83 years of age of Lorraine Drive in Temple Hills
Eugene Goldson (son) 62 years of age of Lorraine Drive in Temple Hills
Any family that is in need of a working smoke alarm and can not afford to purchase or install one themselves are encouraged to call 311. A firefighter will visit your home and install one in your home free of charge.